The Graduate School, First Nations Graduate Circle, and the American Indian Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill will be hosting a recruitment weekend for prospective American Indian graduate students on Thursday March 21 and Friday, March 22, 2013. This a great time for undergraduate students (juniors and seniors) and others interested in advanced study at Carolina to find out more about graduate education.
- Opportunities to meet one-on-one with professors in your field of interest
- Information on applying to UNC Chapel Hill from UNC professors
- “A Day in the Life of a Carolina Graduate Student” with American Indian graduate students
- Sequoyah Distinguished Alumni Dinner, Lecture, & Reception on March 21
- Tours of campus and the Chapel Hill area
- Information on taking the GRE and funding for graduate students
- Networking with UNC faculty and staff (including Native faculty and staff)
Registration for the recruitment event is now open! Please see our website for more information on the program, including online registration, financial assistance application, and a schedule of events. Early registration is recommended, especially if financial assistance will be requested since resources are limited and will be provided in the order received. The registration deadline for funding assistance is Feb. 8, 2013; the registration deadline without funding assistance is March 8, 2013.