The primary purpose of the National Physical Education Institute (July 28-30, 2014 in Asheville, NC) is to provide participants with tools, strategies, and information on how to develop a K-12 curriculum aligned with student assessment. By attending this conference you will:
- Gain valuable insight as to how to align the written, taught, and tested curriculum;
- Learn from others who have implemented data-driven assessment practices; and
- See how others have been linking curriculum with sound K-12 assessment practices!
For the past two years, hundreds of K-12 Physical Education teachers from over 40 states
and 6 countries have gathered to make the National PE Institute a resounding success. See the National PE Institute website for more information about keynote speakers and to register. All of the National PE Institute Keynotes will be live-streamed as a free professional outreach activity for K-12 physical education teachers.
This year, the North Carolina Center for Health and Wellness will be offering 15 Fellowships to K-12 North Carolina physical education teachers worth up to $750 to cover the expenses associated with registration ($250), travel and lodging.
Individuals selected as Fellows will be expected to:
- Learn Twitter and Social Media Basics and assist PE Institute participants at the “Twitter & Social Media Help Desk,”
- Provide on-going mentoring assistance throughout the school year with follow-up PE Institute Twitter Chats, webinars, and other social media events;
- Respond to designated NCCHW surveys to measure the impact of the PE Institute on teaching/students;
- Write personal “True PE Stories” to chronicle the impact of social media and lessons learned at the National PE Institute on a periodic basis (ex: several times a year); and
- Serve as National PE Institute “Ambassadors” as needed.
Applications are due by 5:00PM, Friday, June 20, 2014. See the 2014 PEI Fellows Program Application for selection criteria and submission process information.